Thursday, November 17, 2011

Good Luck

Today I found a cat whisker while I was sitting on the couch reading a story to my son.  I love when this happens because there is an old wives tale that says finding a cat whisker is good luck.  I have always chosen to believe this, and so far, it seems to me that every time I find one something good happens soon afterward. 

I don't find them often, and you really shouldn't.  Cat whiskers, or vibrissae, do shed occasionally, but generally shouldn't break and shouldn't all fall out at once.  If they do, there is usually a problem of some type worthy of a trip to see me.

I save my cat whiskers in my jewelry box, but I could even buy a piece of jewelry designed for just such a purpose.  How surprising!    Cat Whisker Charm Bottle

No comments:

Post a Comment